nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Configuring events to log to another log file?

2002-04-04 14:20:19
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Configuring events to log to another log file?
From: "Dermott" <dermottA AT attbi DOT com>
To: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig AT principal DOT com>, "NetView List \(E-mail\)" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:20:19 -0500
Hey Craig,

Auth Failures are vendor specific.
Cisco, Microsoft & Xylan, for instance,  send them under their own OID.
For example, for cisco I coded the auth failure trap to also show the cause
(authAddr):
(Most other vendors dont fill in this field).

Cisco_Auth_Failure {1.3.6.1.4.1.9} 4 0 A 2 0 "Status Events"
Cisco Incorrect Community Name (authenticationFailure Trap) authAddr: $1.

You could also populate the "Command for Automatic Actions" field to
write these to a separate file or send an email to a service account .....

Good Luck,
--Dermott