nv-l

[nv-l] [OVWDB] cache size

2002-04-24 15:37:38
Subject: [nv-l] [OVWDB] cache size
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com>
To: "'Allison, Jason (JALLISON)'" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>, "'nv-l'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:37:38 -0400

Allison,
I haven't looked at the manuals for v7 yet. But, are you saying that the manual is now advising to set the cache size at zero for automatic cache adjustment??? That surprises me!!! I know it was a cool feature up through aprox v4. At some release thereafter it didn't work.

My experience with setting it to zero was that once you exceeded an arbitrary number of objects in the object database it stopped auto-adjusting. I had a PMR opened for it a couple of years ago. The solution was to always hard code the cache size appropriately and do not use zero. This was truly an undocumented feature because that is exactly what they did. They removed the documentation regarding setting the cache size to zero from the Administrators Guide.

Now you say it is back. I hope it has been fixed!!!
Don Davis