nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Events to TEC

2002-04-24 10:57:10
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Events to TEC
From: netview AT toddh DOT net (Todd H.)
To: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: 24 Apr 2002 09:57:10 -0500
Alberto,

In the (likely) event (tee-hee) that the TEC slot map doesn't have all
the flexibility you'd like, you can leverage a lot more flexibility in
customizing TEC events if you send your trap out to a script (via a
rulset Action node, or via the Command For Automatic Action in the
trap customization dialog).  In that shell script you can massage,
process, and combine the varbinds as you wish and then send a postemsg
command with the appropriate switches.

If you're running a recent NetView, you'll have some backslash
characters to remove from the events, but that's an easy exercise with
the right sed command or Perl expression.

Best REgards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/