nv-l

Re: [nv-l] unknown netview6000subagent trap

2002-04-24 04:36:21
Subject: Re: [nv-l] unknown netview6000subagent trap
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:36:21 +0100
Hi Francois,
trapgend gets installed by default with NetView.  Other than that, you are
licensed to install trapgend on any AIX box that you have the root password
for, but it doesn't get installed automatically.  I suspect someone must have
manually installed this in the past on your machine(s).

Cheers,
Jane

Francois Le Hir/Quebec/IBM wrote:

> Thanks James.
> Actually I didn't know what trapgend does.
> What I am wondering now is how this trapgend daemon got installed on this
> server.
> I believe that it comes with Netview ? or does it comes with other Tivoli
> products ?

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.