nv-l

RE: [nv-l] trace on what variables a specific trap send to netvie w

2002-04-19 08:23:42
Subject: RE: [nv-l] trace on what variables a specific trap send to netvie w
From: "D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice AT SAQ.qc DOT ca>
To: "'Leslie Clark'" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>, nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:23:42 -0400
The problem is that i would like to receive snmp trap from checkpoint
firewall, according to the mib, i should receive (if i understand) 11 traps
from the checkpoint server. but right now i reveive only 1 trap... can you
tell me if the MIB has 11 traps ? should i define 10 other traps (see the
mib below) ?

even i define 11 traps from the xnmptrap netview windows, it is possible
that the checkpoint server send to netview only one trap ? must he define
the traps also individualy (like netview) ? thank

a part of mib file :
--------------------

CHECKPOINT-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
-- SUBTREE: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.1
-- iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.checkpoint.products.fw

IMPORTS
enterprises
FROM RFC1155-SMI
TRAP-TYPE
FROM RFC-1215
OBJECT-TYPE
FROM RFC-1212;

-- textual conventions

DisplayString ::=

OCTET STRING

-- This data type is used to model textual information taken
-- from the NVT ASCII character set. By convention, objects
-- with this syntax are declared as having
--
-- SIZE (0..255)

checkpoint OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 2620 }

products OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { checkpoint 1 }

fw OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { products 1 }

-- the FW group

-- Overall statistics and state

-- To be added a table of statistics by interfaces.

fwModuleState OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX DisplayString (SIZE (0..255))

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"The state of the fw module."

::= { fw 1 }

fwFilterName OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX DisplayString (SIZE (0..255))

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"The name of the loaded filter."

::= { fw 2 }

fwFilterDate OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX DisplayString (SIZE (0..255))

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"When was the filter installed (STRING!)"

::= { fw 3 }

fwAccepted OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX INTEGER

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"The number of accepted packets."

::= { fw 4 }

fwRejected OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX INTEGER

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"The number of rejected packets."

::= { fw 5 }

fwDropped OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX INTEGER

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"The number of dropped packets."

::= { fw 6 }

fwLogged OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX INTEGER

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"The number of logged packets."

::= { fw 7 }

fwMajor OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX INTEGER

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"FireWall-1 Major Version."

::= { fw 8 }

fwMinor OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX INTEGER

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"FireWall-1 Minor Version."

::= { fw 9 }

fwProduct OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX INTEGER

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"FireWall-1 Product."

::= { fw 10 }

fwEvent OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX DisplayString (SIZE (0..255))

ACCESS read-only

STATUS mandatory

DESCRIPTION

"A string containing the last snmp trap sent via fw"

::= { fw 11 }

 fwTrap TRAP-TYPE
        ENTERPRISE fw
        VARIABLES { fwEvent }