nv-l

[nv-l] Web Console vs Java client

2002-04-15 10:39:02
Subject: [nv-l] Web Console vs Java client
From: "Julie V Opheim" <julie.v.opheim AT aexp DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:39:02 -0500
We are running AIX 4.3.3 and NetView 6.02.

Our NOC is using a Linux box to x-window back a read/write NetView map and then
using the Java client on their workstations to do their day to day network
management.

My question is, in most of the documentation I've read, I see tons of stuff
about the web console and using the web browser, but not a whole lot about the
java client.
This was all implemented and configured before my time, so I'm looking for some
documentation about the java client, the differences between it and the web
console -pros/cons (I heard about some performance issues?).

So, bottom line.....anyone know of a "NetView Java client for Dummies" book?

Thanks
Julie Opheim
ESM Tools
IBMGS - American Express