nv-l

[nv-l] AIX 5.1

2002-04-12 10:46:38
Subject: [nv-l] AIX 5.1
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:46:38 -0400
This was already asked and answered earlier this week under the discussion
about Linux.

From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
Date: 09/04/2002 10:28:16 AST
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.1 supports LINUX too

As I reported earlier, neither Windows XP nor AIX 5.L provide the
transparent environment for old code their developers claimed they would,
so we are unable to support them with 7.1 or 7.1.1.  Too many strange
bugs.  But they will be supported as soon as possible.
All bugs found trying to run under AIX  5.L and Windows XP have been
assigned to developers who are pursuing them.
That's all anyone can tell you officially unless you and your marketing
rep choose to get non-disclosed and talk to development directly.
When a release is available which will provides this  support, I will be
sure to announce it here, as soon as it is official.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group