nv-l

Re: [nv-l] nvsecd & osvpmd daemon are downed and don't alive again

2002-03-19 08:36:42
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvsecd & osvpmd daemon are downed and don't alive again
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:36:42 -0500
Well, nvsecd and ovspmd have nothing to do with DB2.  They would not know,
nor care anything about it.
So there must be some other kind of problem.

If your daemons failed to come up after a reboot, go to /usr/OV/tmp and
examine the netnmrc.ovstart file.  The script /etc/netnmrc is used to
start the daemons at boot time, and is what you should use when ovstart
fails. /etc/netnmrc guarantees that you have the correct environment
variables set.  It writes its output to /usr/OV/tmp/netnmrc.ovstart so you
have a log of what occurred.

If you still cannot figure things out after looking at the netnmrc.ovstart
file, then try running nvsecd from the command line.
Just type in /usr/OV/bin/nvsecd and see what error messages you get.

If none of this helps, then you'll have to call Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"John Moon" <johnmoon1 AT hotmail DOT com>
03/19/2002 12:29 AM