nv-l

[nv-l] nvsecd & osvpmd daemon are downed and don't alive again

2002-03-19 00:29:48
Subject: [nv-l] nvsecd & osvpmd daemon are downed and don't alive again
From: "John Moon" <johnmoon1 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:29:48 +0900
Hi, We are running Netview 6.0.2 on Solaris 5.7 & DB2

We want to transfer IP topology data to RDB tables.

We tried configure Netview & RDB. We followed process in Netview DB guide.

But after we finished this transfer job we encountered next problem.

1. ovspmd & nvsecd daemons are down
  - So we made alive ovspmd & nvsecd daemons with command "ovstart nvsecd".
At first the command doesn't work so we issued reset_ci command and retried it.

2. ovspmd & nvsecd daemons aren't started after rebooting NMS server. We tried start theses daemons but it's failed.

Anybody have ever gotten this situation then please help me.

John Moon