nv-l

[nv-l] Web client access to read-write map in Netview 7.1

2002-03-14 12:49:34
Subject: [nv-l] Web client access to read-write map in Netview 7.1
From: "Thomas Younse" <thomas.younse AT centurytel DOT com>
To: "Netview List" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:49:34 -0600
AIX 4.3.3.8
Netview 7.1

We just upgraded to Netview 7.1 last night and everything seems to work fine
except connecting to the read-write map with the web console.

Yes, we're using the new code for the web client connection.

Yes, the only time we get to select a map to open is when we have multiple
native consoles running.  I understand that if there is only one map open,
it will select and open that map automatically.

When the RW map is selected to be opened with the web client, whether it's
automatic or selected (meaning we have one or more RO maps opened), we never
get the client to display the map contents.  We get a solid green light in
the client to show that we're connected but would only get the blinking
green light indicating data transfer from the server when we selected the RO
map.  The RO comes up very quickly but the RW seems like its locked by
another process or something.  Very confusing.

Now, to give you an update from this morning, which makes it even more
confusing.  When I first came in 8:30am CST...netviewd had control of the RW
map and this was the only map open (no other RO maps).  I started the web
client and connected just fine to the RW instance of the map.  It came up
quickly (5 secs. or so) just like the RO map would last night.  I left work
last night at 9pm CST or so.  I then ran netview -dconsole and brought the
RW map up on my computer.  After waiting for it to sync up, I launched the
web client again on my computer and had the same problem with not being able
to get any icons for the RW map.  I let the client sit for about 1 hour
waiting on the map to display but never had the green light blink at all.

Any advice?

---
Regards,

Thomas Younse, CCNA
Network Analyst - IT Operations Planning
CenturyTel, Inc.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

- Franklin P. Jones