nv-l

[nv-l] mlmnodes.seed file

2002-03-13 13:30:14
Subject: [nv-l] mlmnodes.seed file
From: "Brad C Peters" <bcp AT meadwestvaco DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:30:14 -0500

Hi All,

I am running Netview 7.1 for NT

My question has to do with mlmnodes.seed file.

When implementing MLM you need to put the MLM server IP address in this file.  This will cause the MLM to take
control of status polling.  One location where I have a MLM, I have 10 subnets.  When I add the MLM address to
mlmnodes.seed I see ( via sniffer traces ) all polling off-loaded for the subnet where the MLM is.  My central netview
server continues to poll the other subnets.

How can I tell my central Netview to off-load polling for all subnets that the MLM has on its map?  Is this possible?

Thanks, Brad