nv-l

[nv-l] Formatting trap variables like "$+1"

2002-03-12 10:06:50
Subject: [nv-l] Formatting trap variables like "$+1"
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig AT principal DOT com>
To: "NetView List (E-mail)" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:06:50 -0600
I am having trouble implementing James Shanks' solution to Karin Binder's
problem back in February and am hoping somebody can help me.

This is the question I'm referring to:

http://www.vk.net/tivoli/Netview-List.nsf/4a25624e007bfc5c85255a850068ca27/5bf179679b67e533ca256b6600544312!OpenDocument

Basically, James suggested using the "$+1" formatting of a trap variable.

It seems straightforward, but I think I am missing something.

I have a similar situation with Cisco HSRP state change traps.
I can format the variable in the trap by doing the "$+1", and in the events
display I do get:
"cHsrpGrpEntry.cHsrpGrpStandbyState.8.0 6", but when I look at the "NVATTR_*"
variables passed to my script in an action node all I have is:
NVA=[offline-dist-1-l3.net.principal.com]
NVATTR_1=[6]
NVATTR_2=[3]
NVATTR_3=[A]
NVATTR_4=[4]

What am I missing to make this work?  I'm trying to use the "8.0" to eventually
do some SNMP gets and figure out which interface had the HSRP state change.

Thanks for any help.

Craig