nv-l

RE: [nv-l] [IPMAP] nv6000.log growing HUGE!

2002-03-07 14:16:56
Subject: RE: [nv-l] [IPMAP] nv6000.log growing HUGE!
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com>
To: "'Scott Bursik'" <tivoliesm AT hotmail DOT com>, nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:16:56 -0500
Scott,
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt !!!
That is one of the symptoms that I experienced with Acknowledge/Unacknowledge trap storm problem.
My understanding is that a users ipmap application gets in a loop and thinks it needs to inform all of the other users ipmap applications of its current Ack/Unack state.

It is fixed in 6.0.3

Don

I have an admin whos nv6000.log file is growing to 600 megs in 2 days with the following messages repeating over and over:

recv_event: recv_eventrecv_trap failed
: recv_trap failed
recv_event: recv_trap failed
recv_eventrecv_event: : recv_trap failedrecv_trap failed

recv_event: recv_trap failed
recv_event: recv_trap failed
recv_event: recv_trap failed
recv_event: recv_trap failed
recv_event: recv_trap failedrecv_event
: recv_trap failed

Ideas?

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik AT pbsg DOT com

--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: nv-l-unsubscribe AT lists.tivoli DOT com For additional commands, e-mail: nv-l-help AT lists.tivoli DOT com *NOTE* This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.