nv-l

[nv-l] SNMP Authentication Errors

2002-03-07 09:46:10
Subject: [nv-l] SNMP Authentication Errors
From: Eric Pobst <epobst00 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 06:46:10 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,

Does anyone know a method for disabling the passing of
SNMP Authentication Errors to NetView at the agent
level?  Basically, the network group here uses
OpenView to constantly poll the Network looking for
new devices on the network which creates quite a load
of Authentication errors on the servers NetView is
managing.  Unfortunately snmpset ability is not an
option to disable these (we only access agents with
Read only community).  I was hoping to disable at the
agent configuration level, if such an option exists.
Thank you,
Eric Pobst