nv-l

Re: [nv-l] MIB Browser.

2002-03-06 11:48:09
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Browser.
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:48:09 -0500
Rats.  Looks like I am wrong again.
It's all in knowing where to look.
Thanks for setting this issue, and me, straight, Paul

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
Sent by: possum AT corp.tivoli DOT com
03/06/2002 10:46 AM

        To:     bernard.baudoux AT fortisbank DOT com
        cc:     "'NetView Forum'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>

Xnmbrowser will use the port defined in the snmp configuration. I tested
this to be sure
that it works and it does. Same goes for netmon, it will use the port
defined in the snmp
configuration.

Paul Stroud
bernard.baudoux AT fortisbank DOT com wrote:

> Hello all forumers,
>
> I'm using NetView 6.02 on AIX 4.3.3
>
> I would like to know weither there is or not a possibility to use the
MIB browser to query an SNMP agent using another port than the standard
161 ?
> And, if it is possible, how I can do this.
>
> Furthermore, is there any way to tell netmon to use another port than
161 to poll some devices (not all) ?