nv-l

Re: [nv-l] paging product for multiple modems

2002-03-28 16:06:48
Subject: Re: [nv-l] paging product for multiple modems
From: "Don Sykes" <Don.Sykes AT bcbsnc DOT com>
To: <RWestphal AT erac DOT com>, <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:06:48 -0500
Telalert seems to work well for us.  Be ready to spend $$ but you also get the
option of having pages read to you on a telephone (cell phone in our case).  I
don't administer the Telalert system but the guy that does says its pretty
reliable...

Don Sykes
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Innovative health care designed around you!

>>> "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal AT erac DOT com> 03/28/02 03:16PM >>>
Hello Everyone.

NV 7.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3.

I've been requested to add many people to my ruleset paging. Up until now a
single serial port and modem were sufficient. Although nvpage has been very
reliable, I don't think nvpage can spool pages to multiple modems. I have
used products such as Dazel which can support many dozens of fax modems. The
DAZEL product would spool the faxes or pages to a single queue and the
software would send the job to next available modem. Can someone recommend a
reasonably priced product for handling many paging modems?

email paging is not an option because the Internet outages would prevent
forwarding.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car