nv-l

[nv-l] Re: Nvevents font change problem

2002-03-28 14:18:49
Subject: [nv-l] Re: Nvevents font change problem
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:18:49 -0500
Just moved down to the lab, this machine does not have our past email
correspondence, so I do not have the original emails in soft copy, but I do
have the printout of your last email.

A little background:
We have two AIX 4.3.3 boxes.  One is the Primary, one is the Secondary.  We
run the read-write map from the Primary, and remotely log into the Primary
from the Secondary to run a read-only map.

>From the primary, everything works like a champ.  When Netview comes up,
Nvevents comes up, it is already detached from the Control Desk.  We
currently have 3 Workspaces (1 main, and 2 dynamic).  All 3 events displays
have the correct font.  I can then from a prompt run nvevents as many times
as I want and all of the sessions will come up with the correct font, etc.
When I bring up the Secondary session, the map and detached events display
come up, but the nvevents window does not have the correct font.  All
subsequent session on the Secondary have the incorrect font.

This is my current test scenerio:
>From the Primary command line, run nvevents.  Nvevents comes up fine, all
looks good.

>From the Secondary command line, telnet to the Primary, export DISPLAY=<my
IP address>, nvevents.  Nvevents uses the incorrect font.

Font used from /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents:
nvevents*FontList *size30Font : Rom10

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks for the help,
Jason