nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Where to find available fonts

2002-03-27 09:01:35
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Where to find available fonts
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:01:35 -0500
What are you trying to accomplish by changing the fonts?

Generally speaking you can specify any font available on the box, so long
as X can find it, since it is an X-default file you are changing.
But results are unpredictable if you choose one very much larger or
smaller than the default.

You can get a list of fonts on AIX using the
         /usr/bin/X11/xlsfonts
command, which will both long and short names, and you can use
         /usr/bin/X11/xfd  -fn <font_name>
to try to get an indication of how they look,but you'll probably still
have to experiment with what you use.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
03/26/2002 06:47 PM