nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1 and Framework

2002-03-26 15:05:43
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1 and Framework
From: "Jennifer Nelson" <nelsonj AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:05:43 -0600

One warning from my experience...  I performed the steps James describes below to get a non-Framework install into the Framework.  The steps below went fine but when I tried to then install the NetView Database piece so that we could send data to a relational database, we had problems and it could not be done since the NetView server had not completely registered in the Framework properly, just the server upgrade.  I had to save the configuration off manually, then remove NetView, install it as a fresh, non-upgrade install, then copy in the customizations back in by hand.  It didn't take too long and everything's working great now...

Jennifer Nelson
Tivoli Services
nelsonj AT us.ibm DOT com
708-354-4331