nv-l

[nv-l] Compaq RLO interface

2002-03-26 11:55:14
Subject: [nv-l] Compaq RLO interface
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejanm AT webhosting DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:55:14 -0600
Hi there

Did someone try to discover CompaQ RLO cards?
 Well, this is what is going on:
When NetView discovers that interface (note: This is non-routable interface)
because, the interface is not in the routing table of that Windows server,
It discovers the interface than deletes it immediately.
If I put it manually on the Map, It stays there until I do Demand Poll,
after that the object disappears.

Is there any work around this?

PS.
It also happened to me while discovering the management interface (which is
non-routable) for Cisco CSS 11000. Same thing.

Thanks

Dejan Mijailovic

phone: 416 645 4541
e-mail: dejan.mijailovic AT inquent DOT com
http://www.inquent.com