nv-l

[nv-l] Netview 7.1 and Optivity 9.2 on Win2k

2002-03-22 04:38:33
Subject: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 and Optivity 9.2 on Win2k
From: "Domenico Conia" <domenico_conia AT it.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:38:33 +0100
I have to install Nortel Optivity 9.2 on the same server where is running
Netview 7.1.

This server now manage about 2500 nodes and sometimes
(when arrive a lot of traps...) is a little bit "stressed" ...

I have already installed PTF 7.1.1 , but the rusult was bad and I restore
versione 7.1 that seems more stable.

Server ( IBM xSeries model 342) is double-Pentium 3 1000 with 1 GB Ram

My questions are:

1) On Nortel documentation is written that the Supported Network Management
Platform for
    Optivity 9.2 is Tivoli Netview 6.01. Can I Install Optivity on Netview
7.1 ?
    Has someone already tried ?

2) Are system requirements Ok ?  Maybe is better to upgrade RAM to 2 GB ?

Thanks, Ciao

Domenico Conia           Tivoli Certified Consultant
IBM Global Services     I.T.S. NorthW.  Tivoli & Netw. Service Unit
domenico_conia AT it.ibm DOT com