nv-l

[nv-l] weird behavior with fw1 and stonebeat

2002-03-21 20:08:06
Subject: [nv-l] weird behavior with fw1 and stonebeat
From: "can huynh" <can.huynh AT sympatico DOT ca>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:08:06 -0800
I have 2 FW1 from Checkpoint on Solaris with Stone beat for availability.

In Netview, I observe that this devices become white (unreachable). I open in the GUI any of the device and test ping any interface. The ping works and the interface becomes green from white.
The FW now becomes green.

And then after a while, it is again white.

the previous test is repeatable and actually all interfaces are ok if I perform a test ping on them but they are seen as unreachable by Netview.

Have you seen this behavior before?

NB: I run NV 6.02 on Unix.