nv-l

RE: [nv-l] What about a WAN Sniffer for Nortel?

2002-02-25 09:33:04
Subject: RE: [nv-l] What about a WAN Sniffer for Nortel?
From: DSullinger AT dot.state.az DOT us
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:33:04 -0700
Look this is off subject, but since most of you probably deal with your wide
area network, I was hoping some in this group could provide suggestions.

We purchased some Agilent Advisor WAN Sniffers under the understanding from
sales that it decodes Nortel (Wellfleet) proprietary point-to-point, but
obviously the salesman had no clue because a Agilent Engineer has just
informed us that Agilent "will not" decode Nortel point-to-points.

Is there anyone in the group that uses Nortel WAN equipment and if so, what
are you using for a WAN Sniffer.  Also, if you "don't" use Nortel WAN
equipment, what are you using as a Sniffer or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks