nv-l

[nv-l] Find Duplicate IP Addresses

2002-02-06 09:50:43
Subject: [nv-l] Find Duplicate IP Addresses
From: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:50:43 -0600

NetView 6.0.2 AIX 4.3.3

It appears that there are some duplicate IP addresses in our environment that are causing false interface up/down traps every 5 minutes with the polling cycle. Is there a way to find the duplicate addresses in the database? I demand poll the suspected node with the duplicate and the node flashes from green to yellow and then back to green. When I look at the trapd.log I see the traps for the interface up and then down and then back to up again, but I never see any duplicate IP address messages. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik AT pbsg DOT com