nv-l

RES: [nv-l] netmon stops every 2 days - multiple map problem?

2002-02-20 07:53:55
Subject: RES: [nv-l] netmon stops every 2 days - multiple map problem?
From: "Helder Garcia" <helder AT vanguard-it.com DOT br>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:53:55 -0300
Hi,

A lot of factors can cause this behaviour. I suggest you to read the Tivoli
Netview 7.1 Diagnosis Guide. We had this issue in a customer together with
other problems.
But, what we did here:
1. Resolve database inconsistence
        ovtopofix -a
        ovmapcount -a
2. Defrag database
        ovwdbdmap -c
In this point, we had a sensible change in performance for sincronizing, for
better.
3. Change the cache size for the ovwdbd daemon. You can use Smit for this.
Chack the number of object in your database and set a value 50% beyond this
for the cache. The option is -n. The default is 5000.
4. We observed in netmon trace, netmon hunging for a long time in some
routers. When we take a look on the routers, they have thousands of lines in
router table. Then we limit the Number of Route Entries for 10, in the SNMP
Configurations. This limit the number of routing table entries read from the
routers.
5. Clean the seed file, just using IP address (not hostnames) and SNMP
devices.

After this procedures, the environment is much more stable.

I hope this help,

Regards,

--
Helder Luiz Garcia