nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Magnum Management Software

2002-02-07 13:23:48
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Magnum Management Software
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:23:48 -0600
While it is a great idea, it is not within my company's policies for
solicitors. And to be honest, if it were used for such purposes, I would
think Tivoli/IBM would be at risk of violating their own privacy policies or
their market relationships with other vendors of similar products. Allowing
this type of activity is consumate to endorsement of their product.

For the record, don't ever give anyone any information about me. Send ME the
name of the person who wants to contact me and I'm okay with that. I will
contact those I feel appropriate OR as in this case, I would forward the
inquiry to our procurement folks.

My concern is that Magnum - now in posession of my information, could easily
turn around and provide this information to another company. I'm one of
those people that religiously hunts down mailing lists and unsubscribes to
them. I am also one of those people that hunts down spammers and reports
them to their providers. This is inappropriate and it needs to stop. If not
for everyone, then at least for me.