nv-l

[nv-l] [MLM] Network Interface Status Table ???

2002-01-30 11:28:45
Subject: [nv-l] [MLM] Network Interface Status Table ???
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com>
To: "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:28:45 -0500

Aix 4.3.3
NetView 6.0.3
MLM 5.0.7
I have installed MLM, SIA and NetView on same the server.

I have a few questions about the behavior of the latest version of MLM....

1. What is the Network Interface Status Table?
2. How and Why did it configure itself to monitor my Internet gateway?
3. Why can't I delete the entries from the table?
4. Why doesn't its settings appear in smMlmCurrent.config
5. Why is it polling with the netmon option for MLM polling set to False.
6. How do I stop it?

That's enough questions for now......

Don
Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank
Systems Engineer Consultant
Enterprise Management
100 East Tryon Road
Mail Code: DAC 22
Raleigh, NC.  27603-3526
919-716-8448

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.