nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Unmanage via Ruleset?

2002-01-28 15:20:42
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Unmanage via Ruleset?
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:20:42 -0500

But there is not.  This usually gets asked as "How can I do this from the command line?"  In the current design, you cannot.
Managed/Unmanaged is relative to a map, not to an object.  You can have multiple maps and the object can be managed on some and unmanaged on others.  So the only  way you can manage or unmanage an object is to have the map open read-write.  Which means you have to do it from the GUI.

Of course, if you always want to have your HP printers discovered unmanaged, and they all have SNMP turned on, and they all have a unique OID, then you could modify the /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type file to make that happen.  Read the comments and create an entry like this
<HP PRINTER OID>:  :  :U
But this only works with ones you have not yet discovered of course, and they must have SNMP active at the time of discovery.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm AT hotmail DOT com>

01/28/2002 10:01 AM