nv-l

Re: [nv-l] SNMP Data Collection

2002-01-27 09:18:32
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP Data Collection
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:18:32 -0500
Tools....Data Collection & Thresholding. The online help
is pretty good. See also:

See: User's Guide for Beginners Chap 5, Collecting Network Data
See: AdminGuide Chap 7 Managing Network Performance
See: Header in file /usr/OV/conf/mibExpr.conf, man page for mibExpr.conf
See: Header in file /usr/OV/conf/mib.coerce, man page for mib.coerce
See: Header in file /usr/OV/conf/snmpCol.conf
See: man page for snmpCollect
See: online help for Tools..Data Collection & Thresholding dialog
See: man page for snmpColDump

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                    "Brian Green"

\(E-mail\)"
                    gi.ca>                <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>

                                         cc:

                    01/24/02 11:24       Subject:     [nv-l] SNMP Data
Collection
                    AM

This is probably a question that will be answered with RTFM, but I have
looked in the manuals and cannot find the answer to what I am looking for.
I have NV 7.1 installed on an AIX 4.3.3 server, and want to collect SNMP
performance data from various SNMP devices.  How do I get NV to poll these
devices to collect the data I am looking for?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W Green
Partner & Consultant