nv-l

Re: [nv-l] LRF files

2002-01-23 09:02:29
Subject: Re: [nv-l] LRF files
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:02:29 -0500

I don't know what operating system you have so your question puzzles me.  Why would you be confused about these, since they are platform (OS) dependent.?

In NetView for UNIX, trap_dm.lrf is the lrf file for the trapd daemon.  We do not ship a trapd.lrf on UNIX, so if you have one, someone else made it.
It does not matter what the lrf file is actually called, all that really matters is its contents.  If you want to understand those, I suggest "man trapd".

In NetView for NT we do ship a trapd.lrf file and it is the lrf file for the trapd daemon.  We do not ship a trapd_dm.lrf file on NT, so if you have one of those there, someone else created it.  You can get the options explained in the Help available from Server Setup.

The contents of trapd_dm.lrf (UNIX) and trapd.lrf (NT) are different because the daemons are constructed differently and do different, though similar, things on each platform.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

jmfrancoz AT soluziona DOT com

01/23/2002 05:42 AM