nv-l

Re: Integration with CiscoWorks 2000

2002-01-07 11:13:32
Subject: Re: Integration with CiscoWorks 2000
From: "David Kretzmer" <dkretzme AT aholdusa DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:13:32 -0500
Amy,

You will need to Cisco's CCO and login, then go to TAC then Software
Center/Software Products and Downloads,
then Select CiscoWorks2000 and finally CiscoWorks 2000 Integration Utility.
The 7.1 integration files are there.
I downloaded them Friday but have not installed them yet.
Hope this helps....

Regards,

Dave Kretzmer
ESM Network Management Group
Ahold Information Services

                    "Amy Metzger"

                    <ametzger@une        To:     <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

                    b.edu>               cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] Integration with
CiscoWorks 2000
                    owner-nv-l@tk

                    g.com

                    01/07/2002

                    10:32 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

When I upgraded from Netview 6.1 -> 7.1 for Unix  on AIX 4.3.3, I lost many
of the Cisco symbols.
I am in the process of trying to integrate  Ciscoworks 2000 with Netview in
hopes I can recover these symbols. I am  unable to find documentation on
how to do this.
The documentation on the Installation  CD-ROM states the following:

Tivoli  NetView supports the CiscoWorks 2000 integration model. This
release ships with  the necessary adapters in the Adapters/Cisco  directory
of the NetView installation CD-ROM. The README files in each of those
directories provides directions for performing the  integration. More
information about these procedures and the overall integration  model can
be found on the Cisco Web site at http://cisco
.com/warp/customer/cc/cisco/mkt/enm/cw2000/tech/cwnms_tb.html  (CCO login
is required).

Under /cdrom/ADAPTERS/Cisco it provides only  the .jar files.
When I try the Cisco web site it says Document not  found.

I have opened a case with IBM and their response so  far is that they are
asking the L3 reps. where that missing  documentation is.
Can anyone provide me with the information needed  to do the integration?

Thanks.
Amy Metzger
University of NE -  Lincoln