nv-l

RE: ICMP & SNMP

2002-01-04 11:00:13
Subject: RE: ICMP & SNMP
From: "Binder, Karin" <karin.binder AT nwa DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:00:13 -0600
Hi Maxime,

Running AIX 4.3.3, Netview 6.03

We have similar set up on some routers where they are only reachable via
one interface.  At 6.01, the SNMP status polling did not work well for
this circumstance and was fixed in 6.03 (ref. IY23872 although this is a
bit misleading - it occurred with or without HSRP and the fix took care
of both circumstances for us - ref. PMR 46578).  I did find that for
nodes that were already being ICMP polled, they did not seem to switch
to SNMP polling after modifying and re-reading the seedfile.  Perhaps I
was impatient.  I found that a quick unmanage and then manage of those
nodes did the trick.  A demand poll confirmed the polling type then
changed.

Karin