nv-l

/usr/OV/service/readcore Hangs

2002-01-02 11:35:22
Subject: /usr/OV/service/readcore Hangs
From: "Binder, Karin" <karin.binder AT nwa DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:35:22 -0600
Hi all,

Happy New Year.
Running AIX 4.3.3, Netview 6.03, IY25971 (nvcorrd) and IY25342 (netmon).

Netmon is dying occasionally, and I have a call open with support.  I am
trying to do a readcore on the netmon core dump for support, and
readcore is hanging at the line:

"starting debugger:  dbx -d 400 /usr/OV/bin/netmon core "

No other messages issued.  It just hangs there for hours until I
control-c out of it.

There have been two netmon core dumps on this system since the upgrade
to 6.03 and patches, and readcore failed on both.  I have used readcore
successfully in the past (prior to upgrading to 6.03).  I re-read
/usr/OV/service/readcore.readme, and didn't see any new requirements.
The system should still be set up for full cores, and dbx is still
loaded.

Any hints on debugging the debugger?

Thanks for any suggestions.