nv-l

NV7.1 and TEC Console adapter functionality

2001-12-31 08:34:20
Subject: NV7.1 and TEC Console adapter functionality
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:34:20 +0000
Platform is AIX 4.3.3 where NV 6.0.2 was migrated to NV7.1.  System is
also TMR Server (3.7.1 plus patches), TEC Server (3.6.2)  and has TEC
Console (3.6.2).  TIPN had been installed in the NV 6.0.2 environment.

Release Notes for NV 7.1 (page 84) says that to install TIPN TEC
Integration adapter, you need Framework 3.6.3, NOT 3.7. (come on guys -
FW 3.7 has been out for years now!)

My disptec binary in /usr/OV/bin has been replaced by the NV7.1 upgrade
but its performance seems totally quirky (reports events that are not in
TEC; doesn't report events that are there).

Anyone know WHY Framework 3.6.3 is mandated?  Is this only on install,
or could that be what is giving me the quirky grief?

Any enlightenment gratefully appreciated,
Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565