nv-l

RE: Cisco 350 Wireless Access Points MIBs

2001-12-28 15:38:00
Subject: RE: Cisco 350 Wireless Access Points MIBs
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:38:00 -0500
James,
They are out there regardless of this being only a draft standard.
The source in my environment is a Cisco AP340.

This is what my trapd.log messages look like after configuring the event(s):
...... A IEEE802dot11 Deauthenticate Frame 2 4 0x00 40 96 2a 23 79

I assume that "Deauthenticate Frame" is similar to an Authentication
Failure.

You can download the mib from:
http://ftp.lucky.net/pub/doc/mibs/v1/IEEE802dot11-MIB-V1SMI.my
<http://ftp.lucky.net/pub/doc/mibs/v1/IEEE802dot11-MIB-V1SMI.my>

Cisco was NO help on this, they told me to get it from IEEE. Have you ever
been to that site :(~

I parsed the following definitions out of that mib file. This can be
copy/pasted directly into your trapd.conf

Don Davis

###################
#
# enterprises:
#
IEEE802dot11 {1.2.840.10036.1.6}

#
# User added trap formats:
#
dot11Disassociate {1.2.840.10036.1.6} 6 1 A 3 0 "Status Events"
$E Disassociation Frame $1 $2 $3
SDESC
The disassociate notification shall be sent when the STA
sends a Disassociation frame. The value of the notification
shall include the MAC address of the MAC to which the
Disassociation frame was sent and the reason for the disassociation.
EDESC
dot11Deauthenticate {1.2.840.10036.1.6} 6 2 A 3 0 "Status Events"
$E Deauthenticate Frame $1 $2 $3
SDESC
The deauthenticate notification shall be sent when the STA
sends a Deauthenticate frame. The value of the notification
shall include the MAC address of the MAC to which the
Disassociation frame was sent and the reason for the deauthentication.
EDESC
dot11AuthenticateFail {1.2.840.10036.1.6} 6 3 A 3 0 "Status Events"
$E Authenticate Fail $1 $2 $3
SDESC
The authenticate failure notification shall be sent when the STA
sends an Authentication frame with a status code other than successful.
The value of the notification shall include the MAC address of the MAC to
which the
Authentication frame was sent and the reason for the authentication failure.
EDESC