nv-l

tecad_nv6k starts with EIF error

2001-12-21 15:00:31
Subject: tecad_nv6k starts with EIF error
From: Eliza Chi <elizachi728 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:00:31 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Can someone help me to figure out the problem?  Thanks
in advance.

---------------------------
My environment:

Spoke TMR server 3.6.2, (NT)/Netview Server 6.0.1 (NT)
TEC Netview adapter 3.6 are on one machine which is my
Netview server.

Hub TMR 3.6.2 (NT)

TEC 3.6.2 (NT) in hub TMR.
-----------------------------
I have been tring to send netview events to the TEC
server in the hub TMR, but the behavior attribute of
"ovstatus tecad_nv6k" always shows:
started... then not running.
I looked at log file from the tecio module configured
in tecad_nv6k.err and saw the following error message.

Fri Dec 21 14:14:03 2001   FATAL: TECIO  , err 01,
ibtecad/tec_io.c line 0516: C
annot create EIF handle. Please check the .conf file.

I know this message is related to the ServerLocation
in tecad_nv6k.conf, but I configured the
ServerLocation:

     ServerLocation=@EventServer#hub_tmr-region

I even tried @EventServer, Server IP, Server hostname
but to the same error message. (I knew these did not
make sense to me, but I just tried)

I have done:

1. wlsconn on both hub tmr and spoke tmr/Netview
I saw two way interconnected tmrs

2. odadmin odlist on both tmr and they are fine

3. wupdate -r EventServer hub_tmr-region on the
spoke tmr/netview server,

4. wlookup -ar EventServer
shows the EventServer with the hub tmr region oid

5. wpostemsg OV_IF_Down events works fine from a CLI,
tec processed the OV_IF_Down messages, the events were
displayed on TEC Console

but I still can't bring up tecad_nv6k. Did I miss
anything?

I installed TEC on the spoke tmr/Netview server once,
but I did wdel /Library/EventServer and wregister -u
-r
EventServer EventServer, wchkdb, so the spoke
tmr/netview now only sees the tec server in hub tmr
and wpostemsg works fine.

Did anyone get this error before.  Does any one know
what ibtecad/tec_io.c line 0516 is trying to check?

Eli