nv-l

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Missing object

2001-12-12 10:56:39
Subject: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Missing object
From: bducharme AT avdl DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:56:39 -0500
I can ping it and snmpwalk it.
I will call Support

Benoit

                    "James

                    Shanks"              Pour :  IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l
AT tkg DOT com>
                    <[email protected]        cc :

                    bm.com>              Objet :      Re:  Réf. : Re: [NV-L]
Missing object
                    Envoyé par :

                    owner-nv-l@tk

                    g.com

                    2001-12-12

                    10:43

                    Veuillez

                    répondre à

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

I would verify that you can ping the object from the command line and
snmpwalk it as well.
Don't know what else to do?  Call Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

                              bducharme AT avdl DOT com

                              Sent by:                         To:
                              owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com       IBM NetView

                                                       Discussion
                              12/12/2001 10:17 AM      <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

                              Please respond to                cc:
                              IBM NetView                      Subject:
                              Discussion               Réf. : Re: [NV-L]
                                                       Missing object

I have the same problem with a cisco router.
I tried a ovtopofix with no success.
I delete all my map, and my database, did a seed file with the router in it
: no success.
I look in the database with ovtopodump and the router is in the database.
I redid a ovtopofix, ovmapcount -a and -b with no succes.

What can i do ?

Benoit

                   "James
                   Shanks"              Pour :  IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
                   <[email protected]        cc :
                   bm.com>              Objet :      Re: [NV-L] Missing
object
                   Envoyé par :
                   owner-nv-l@tk
                   g.com
                   2001-12-12
                   10:08
                   Veuillez
                   répondre à
                   IBM NetView
                   Discussion

You tried ovtopofix?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

                             BCP AT mead DOT com
                             Sent by:                         To:
                             owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com       IBM NetView
                                                      Discussion
                             12/12/2001 09:52 AM      <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
                             Please respond to                cc:
                             IBM NetView                      Subject:
                             Discussion               [NV-L] Missing
                                                      object

Netview 7.1 for NT

I have an object that I can not find on my map and I can not force Netview
to discover it ( I put it in the seedfile ).
If I run "ovtopodump hostname" I see an entry for that object.  How do I
remove this object from the
database so Netview can rediscover it or how do I force it to show up on
the map?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Brad