nv-l

Re: NV-l Question

2001-12-11 23:48:08
Subject: Re: NV-l Question
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:48:08 -0500
I have not seen any other suggestions for this one, so I will
just say that I would go hunting in the rmon mib (under MIBII)
in some hub or switch on the subnet in question. A device
there with imbedded rmon capability, or a standalon rmon
probe, might support the hosts branch and tell you about
top talkers. I doubt that it will be all of what you are looking
for.   Let us know what you find that is useful.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                    "Kurt F. Rago"

                    <kurtr@checkfreein       To:     nv-l AT tkg DOT com

                    vsvcs.com>               cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [NV-L] NV-l Question

                    owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com

                    12/05/01 04:12 PM

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hello everyone:

Does anyone know the best way to monitor bandwidth utilization with NV to
send a trap if a client/end users exceeds a certain threshold on a leased
line lets say 56K p-p or 64K CIR on FR.

Thanks.....

KURT...