nv-l

Re: Netview Database component missing

2001-12-04 14:36:18
Subject: Re: Netview Database component missing
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:36:18 +0000
Jack,
I have a feeling that they missed one of the database setup options off the
serversetup menus.  If you are on AIX, you will find the option you are looking
for from smit -> nv6000 and then down the Configure menu.  Alternatively, this
option is available from the NetViewServer icon on your TIVOLI Desktop.

I would suggest, if you can, applying the NV 6.0.2 maintenance as it has some
database patches - particularly I think it had a Y2K patch required for NV6.0.

Other than that, I think you should be OK.  The missing menu in serversetup
isn't fixed with 6.0.2.

Cheers,
Jane