nv-l

RE: Netview 7.1 install

2001-11-29 07:13:00
Subject: RE: Netview 7.1 install
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser AT de.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:13:00 +0100
Solution # 1044820

If you run the NVprereq.sh script found in the TOOLS directory of the
product CDROM (usually run prior to installing NetView) you may get the
following error message:
"ERROR:  Framework setup script /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh is missing.
Please add a soft link from Framework setup script to
/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh."
You may ignore this message if you are installing NetView with the
"instalnv" command as documented on page 98 of the Release Notes.  If you
are using Tivoli Framework to install NetView you should not ignore this
message, and take corrective action.  The missing script should always be
available when Framework is installed.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae AT de.ibm DOT com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                    "Dejan

                    Mijailovic"          To:     "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l
AT tkg DOT com>
                    <dejanm@webhos       cc:

                    ting.com>            Subject:     RE: [NV-L] Netview 7.1
install
                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    27.11.2001

                    23:23

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Also, running NVprereq.sh before installation will show us error
message,,,"
no /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh" ...
I don't think we need this any more...with out Tivoli framework. I hope I
am
right.

Dejan Mijailovic