nv-l

Re: VPN monitoring over the Internet

2001-11-29 07:02:51
Subject: Re: VPN monitoring over the Internet
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser AT de.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:02:51 +0100
Alek,

try something like this:

if [`nvUtil l <YourVpnClientSmartset> %"IP Status"% | grep Down | wc -l`
-ge 10 ]; then  /usr/OV/bin/ nvpage <what you want> ; fi

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae AT de.ibm DOT com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                    Alek Barsky

                    <[email protected]       To:     nv-l AT tkg DOT com

                    ogers.com>           cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] VPN monitoring
over the Internet
                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    21.11.2001

                    22:01

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi everybody!
We are using Cisco VPN to provide connectivity to our major retail chain.
We deploy hardware VPN client VPN3002 in the store and VPN3030 concentrator
in the datacenter
VPN clients have public and internal address. I can ping them by their
internal address ( 10.x.x.x space ).
I  need to create a paging notification when 10 VPN clients are down.
To do this I created a collection of the VPN clients.
The question - how can I pull the status for the objects for all VPN
clients?
Is there a one-liner in nvUtil that allows me to do this?

Any advise will be very appreciated