nv-l

Re: Can Applications be Added to Web Console Tools List?

2001-11-23 06:53:38
Subject: Re: Can Applications be Added to Web Console Tools List?
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:53:38 +0000
Ed,
The WebConsole menus are handled entirely separately from the X-based
menus defined in /usr/OV/registration/C.  You also don't say whether you
are on NV 6.x or 7.x (hopefully NOT 5.x).

I have only ever found one reference to help with Web menus on NV6 (and
I'm not sure whether it has all changed again in NV7).    Go on to the
"Ask Tivoli" problem database and search on "WARF" (Web Application
Registration Files) and look at ID 94051 - this gives a sample to both
add menu items and grey-them-out.  They both work but I would suggest
the skills you will need are Java / XML rather than NetView, though
knowledge of the standard ARF (Application Registration Files) in
/usr/OV/registration/C, also helps.

Best of luck,
Jane

--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565