nv-l

Re: Re: RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started

2001-11-21 13:30:03
Subject: Re: Re: RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:30:03 -0600
Werner,

Do you have a script in an action that calls ovxbeep?    Doesn't ovxbeep
beep the console until someone clicks ok?   Do you have the volume down so
the beep was not heard?    If this popup/beeping does not get cleared by an
operator I would expect to see what you have seen.

If you can, I suggest you add some system automation out of cron to end any
long-running ovxbeep processes.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste AT us.ibm DOT com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-8701