nv-l

RE: Doing SNMP queries on ports other than 161

2001-11-07 14:51:41
Subject: RE: Doing SNMP queries on ports other than 161
From: Jeff Law <jlaw AT ems-global DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:51:41 +1300
James

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I forgot to mention I am running on the Windows platform,
which may make a difference. I cant find xnmsnmpconf, just snmpconf.exe

I have been able to check on a Unix system, and yes there is the option to
change the port there. Interesting that it doesn't seem to be in the Windows
version.

Perhaps a quick edit of the underlying conf file, ovsnmp.conf? The comments
at the top don't mention the port.

Regards
Jeff