nv-l

Re: Error Message when loading MIB

2001-11-06 10:38:59
Subject: Re: Error Message when loading MIB
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:38:59 -0500
You didn't say what version of NetView you are running, nor what platform,
nor even what MIB loader you were trying to use.
You have to be at 6.0.2 for NetView to recognize the BITS construct, and
even them it is only recognized in the V2 loader because it is an SNMP V2
construct.

These messages mean just what they say -- that the loader doesn't
recognize the construct being used.  It does not think that whatever is in
the line being referenced is a proper ASN.1 type nor a proper textual
convention.  Everything defined in a MIB has to be one or the other.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Ingleson Peter <peter.ingleson AT ncmgroup DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com
11/06/2001 10:20 AM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion