nv-l

Re: Pop-up information message / box - how do I create one?

2001-11-05 09:25:17
Subject: Re: Pop-up information message / box - how do I create one?
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:25:17 -0600
Kevin,

We have done a similar thing (a tiny piece of a large solution) for native
consoles running on Unix.   You can find the ovw processes and figure out
what DISPLAY they are pointing to.      You could also add something to the
registration files to update a configuration file at startup...which would
make it even easier for you.

For web consoles, I think it will be harder since you won't have an
x-server to popup a message to.

Thanks,
Stephen Hochstetler            shochste AT us.ibm DOT com
ITSO Tivoli Coordinator - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564       FAX - 512-436-1991