nv-l

Re: Problem with Netmon

2001-11-02 13:39:05
Subject: Re: Problem with Netmon
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:39:05 -0500
A Dr. Watson indicates an unanticipated programming error.  There is
probably nothing you can do to prevent it, although you may get rid of it
temporarily by deleting the databases and re-discovering everything afresh.
My advice is to report your problem to Support and see if they have a fix
for it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

                    Pablo Andrés

                    Villegas             To:     "'IBM NetView Discussion'"
<nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
                    Florez               cc:

                    <pavillegas@ep       Subject:     [NV-L] Problem with
Netmon
                    sa.com.co>

                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    11/02/01 11:54

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi all,

I have Netview 6.02 on NT, and I Have a problem with Netmon process because
constantly appear a Dr. Watson Window with a Netmon.exe problem

I check the Netmon.trace and only appear the following error:

"Inconsistency detected in 'allocPingState'. Exiting gracefully and
initiating a restart of Netmon."

I check the Ovstatus and all process are running, but after netmon error
the
snmpcollect stop the data recolection and I have to restart the server

Anyone Knows what could happend ?

Thanks
Pablo A. Villegas