nv-l

Re: API for retrieving MIB description based on oid

2001-10-30 11:43:48
Subject: Re: API for retrieving MIB description based on oid
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:43:48 -0500
It's not that simple.  There is no externalized interface and one would
have to be created.  Right now there is an undocumented mib info
structure, the header file for which is not published, which would have to
be included and then the function which populates it would have to be
extracted from the Xt callback routines which populate the dialog boxes.
So the short answer is that a simple mechanism to retrieve this
information outside of the xnmbrowser dialog does not exist.  It was never
created because NetView itself has no need of it.

If you think it is a worthwhile enhancement, then I urge you to contact
Support and ask for an enhancement request.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Cowan, Chris" <Chris.Cowan AT 2ndwaveinc DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com
10/29/2001 03:50 PM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion