nv-l

Re: NetView NT 6.02 and TEC Adapter

2001-10-29 07:12:11
Subject: Re: NetView NT 6.02 and TEC Adapter
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:12:11 -0500
You need to call Support and get an e-fix for this problem.
Only a new executable will help.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

                    pweischer@MMM.

                    COM                  To:     nv-l AT tkg DOT com

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg       Subject:     [NV-L] NetView NT 6.02
and TEC Adapter
                    .com

                    10/29/01 06:33

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hello,
we are running NetView NT 6.0.2 on Windows 2000. Everything works fine
except
the non TME TEC adapter. The TEC adapter deamon can be started, but it
crashes
every time when it tries to send an event to the TEC.

We had the same problem some time ago with NetView NT 6.0 and that ended up
with
reinstalling the system with Windows NT 4. Now I assumed, that in the 6.0.2
version, this problem was fixed, but it does not seem so.

In the Knowledge Base on the Tivoli Support web page you can find a
questions
pointing to the same problem, but unfortunately I am not able to find any
answer
to this problem.

Can anybody help?

Best regards