nv-l

Re: how to move netview server to another one

2001-10-26 09:19:24
Subject: Re: how to move netview server to another one
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:19:24 -0400
Take a backup on the current machine, tar up the backup directory and all
its contents, move (ftp) that to the new machine, untar it there, and then
install NetView on the new machine as an upgrade install.

You take the backup using seversetup --> Maintain  --> Backup Selective
Data (Select ALL).   This creates a directory called /usr/OV.back.v6.r0
You tar that up, ftp it to the new box, and untar it there.  When you
install the new NetView make sure you specify that you want to do an
upgrade install.  It will find the old user data and merge it in.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Jin SU Qian/China/Contr/IBM@IBMCN
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com
10/26/2001 05:22 AM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion